I just don’t have the time and discipline to read all the books that I would like. There are a few services that cater to this.
Blinkist is a popular paid service with many book summaries and a helpful app. The summaries typically take 10-15 minutes to read.
Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high.
Richard G Scott
I have recognized the importance of a weekly review in my routine. It is arbitrary, but there are some reasons why it makes sense. Mostly, it has a trigger that comes around every 7 days. I need to take advantage of triggers to establish habits, and the trigger of Sunday to Monday seems as good as any.
In Quality Improvement jargon, it seems that one week is a good scale for a PDSA cycle (Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle) in personal and small business improvement for me.
I feel that I have been afraid to step out and commit to a variety of areas, likely because of fear of failure. I have become more and more convinced of the need to deal well with failure repeatedly in order to gain success. I feel like I have been failing without learning as much as I should.
Today, I would like to make clear a few of my goals. My daily goals are more habit-oriented than achievement oriented because it is more about who I become than what I do.
Report the current business and personal PDSA cycle once each week. Make modifications as necessary.
Plan: Achieve these daily goals for 7 days (another arbitrary number).
- Study and Scriptures (usually includes Reading and Writing)
- Review Todoist and Schedule the day
- Examine Habits (using the “Strides” app)
- Complete the work day (includes signing off and billing)
- 8 hrs to eat, 16 hrs fasting, no simple carbs
- Review Todoist, Review Emails, & Program
- Report Habits and Plan (using the “Strides” app)
Plan: Seven Fitness Standards
- Back squat twice your body weight
- Bench press your body weight for 10 reps
- Do 15 strict pullups
- Do a Turkish getup with half your bodyweight
- Complete a 500-meter row in 90 seconds
- Complete a 2000-meter row in 7 minutes
- Run 10 kilometers in 50 minutes
I will check in here in one week to review.
George Whalin’s Retail Superstars: Inside the Twenty-five Best Independent Stores in America
Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World